Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This nearly drove me crazy(er)! I purchased a Bengal kitten last November(2019) and he had a lot of health issues, but on top of those he would perch on the edge of all the water bowls and urinate in them!! I dealt with the healt problems but his "use" of the water bowl I couldn't handle, nor could my two other cats! FF to March 2020, I was getting company and in preparation I was cleaning my spare bathroom. When I lifted the toilet lid, my kitten jumped up on the toilet, positioned himself and proceeded to urinate like a pro!!! Apparently the people I bought him from must have been teaching him to use a toilet instead of a litterbox!! Now if he'd just defecate in there too!!! A happy ending for a bizarre behavior!!

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Oh some people are so lucky! That's amazing. I've never met a cat who actually did that, but I've read of them. Maybe you can figure out the next step in the training for him to poop in the toilet also.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh some people are so lucky! That's amazing. I've never met a cat who actually did that, but I've read of them. Maybe you can figure out the next step in the training for him to poop in the toilet also.
I keep praising him everytime he uses the toilet and was hoping that would just encourage him to expand his repertoire! I've had cats for most of my 62 years and can teach or deal with, I thought, everything. Unfortunately, I have never taught one to use the people potty!!! I guess I could put some of his "stuff" in the toilet and see if he gets the idea. I think it's fairly funny but it would be cool if he did ALL his business in the toilet!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts