Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
please could someone give me some advice,i have 4 month old kitten who over the past 4/5 days as started doing his poos out of the litter tray,i have know idea why his doing it the litter tray is always clean,please help getting rather mad,as i have 4 children and i cant have him pooing where he feels like it .

·
Premium Member
28,623 Posts
Have you changed litter lately? If not, try that. For some reason he might not like the litter. I guess I'm suggesting that if you have made any changes-food, litter, location of the box, any of those might have caused it. He's young. I doubt this will continue. Do you have a plastic mat under the litter box? That will help until you get the problem solved.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i havnt moved the litter tray,or changed food,i use catsan litter i have not changed it has ive used this for yrs with other cats as well as him,he poos any where but the litter tray,got up this morning to poo outside my bedroom and in the down stairs loo,please help someone.

·
Premium Member
28,623 Posts
Even if the other cats are having no problems, it's possible that this kitten doesn't like the litter or location of the box. Confine him to a small area (at least at night) such as a powder room, with room for only water, a bed, and a litter box and see if that helps. Please let us know what happens. Good luck.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ozzy the kitten in question has been a very good boy today and hasnt done a poo apart from in his litter tray,so fingers cross hopefully it was just one of those things,ill let u know if things change again.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
kittening pooing out of litter tray

i really dont belive this but he as started it all over again,to be truthfull ive had enough now,i have 4 children to consider and it this dont stop so im going to have to rehome him.

·
Premium Member
28,623 Posts
That's very sad. Have you tried everything you could, including calling the vet? He's very young, and this might be a death sentence. I'm sure you know that there are too many kittens in the shelters now to find homes for all of them. If you find that nothing works, try to find a no-kill shelter.

Confining him to a small area should work.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
kitten pooing out side of litter tray

ive tried so many things put in upstairs bathroom for 2 days he still done his loo everywhere,he isnt ill or anything just wont use litter tray,my mum said she will take him on if things dont improve.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts