Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have questions about kittens, and how they change as they age. It had been so long since I had a kitten until Lucy came around, and I just thought I'd ask what I've been wondering.

Up until this point, she'd been a very independant little girl. If Patches went to snuggle, she'd start a fight with her, she wasn't interested. Just these last 3 weeks or so, I've really noticed that she is snuggling up with Patches alot. I also see her making the attempt to groom Pesty and Patches more. Up until just recently, she was only interested in being groomed on her terms.

So my question is this: Is this something they "grow into" knowing how to do as they mature, or is it a learned behavior from momma. She came from the shelter, and I don't really know what her history is. I was kinda thinking that grooming and snuggling was just something she didn't pick up from momma and her sibblings the way things were going. Or maybe it's more just her personality to be a slow learner. :lol:

·
Registered
7,458 Posts
Maybe she is just feeling really comfortable at your house and that is why she is becoming more snuggly? Then again, she's a cat. She probably has a dozen reasons and she just isn't going to tell you :lol: .

·
Premium Member
9,138 Posts
One of my vets told me I was suppose to let my foster kittens associate with my adult cats because adult cats teach the kittens the ropes. Kitty manners. They eventually learn how to live with the older cats and the rules. Cute liddle Mz Lucy is learning what being a part of her cat family. She’s so darn cute!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts