Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my foster litter, there are 4 kittens that look just like their Mom; grey and white. Then there's one tabby (looks just like Dad, I would assume). All girls, all roughly the same size.

Anyways, I've noticed that most of the time the 4 grey and white kits will sleep together and Lily will sleep by herself. I have also noticed that a lot of times the others will not include Lily in play.

*This is a lot of the time. By no means all of the time.

Do you think this might be because Lily looks different from the others? Has anybody else had similar experiances?

·
Registered
580 Posts
I've heard of one not sleeping with the others due to illness.

Mine all look different and rarely snuggle together anymore--7 weeks old tomorrow.

Leslie

·
Registered
5 Posts
we have 3 kittens 2 boys and 1 girl and mostly the boys play and sleep with each other and the girl tends to like sleeping with us maybe for company , they do all play together sometimes but it always seems to be her getting hurt , luckily their new homes are boys together in 1 home and girl on her own , i have noticed tho if i feed them all on 1 plate the boys r happy to eat together but the girl growls the whole time .it is all very strange as i havent come accross this b4 either hope this helps xxxxxx

·
Registered
4 Posts
When I picked up my kitten from a batch of six, the three black and white kittens from two different litters tended to sleep together despite being surrounded by their colorful littermates, but they didn't seem to be excluding anyone in a negative way. Any kitten who felt like joining the pile was free to do so. One gray and white kitten - the only one who looked like that - also played or slept alone often, which turned out to be just her preference. Maybe Lily is just a loner by nature if she doesn't seem unhappy by herself?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts