Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I say 'distressed' as it isn't really something I am expert in. I say its distress as if he accidently gets locked in a room, he will make that sound of meow. he also does it when I am going to feed them (acting like I have not fed him for years!)

Before now he has only made that noise for attention if he is locked out/in a room, or when feeding. Recently he has been making the noise randomly, he is usually a very quiet cat. Is it possible that his normal meow just sounds, upset? I know how ridiculous that sounds, but I always worry when hes trilling about. he is currently sat on my knee, quite content, but before that was sat in the kitchen, just 'moaning!' :)

He has a clean bill of health from the vet, and appears to be acting normally. He is nearly 6 months and not yet neutered (my vet doesnt neuter until 6 months) Could this be a cause?

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Some cats do that. Ninja is a moaner. He'll go off in the other room and just howl for no apparent reason. Usually if I call him, he'll stop. Thurston does this too, but its only just started and I think he has a thyroid problem. But Ninja is a baby (9months) so I think its just his personality.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts