Cat Forum banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
5,233 Posts
Squeekers, I recently bought 1 case of 12 cans different flavors (12.5 oz.cans) of Wellness for $41.13 (including tax) at Pet Valu. I don't know where you shop but it doesn't cost $75. These cans will last me at least 2 months and I have 2 cats.

·
Registered
5,233 Posts
I certainly hope you get Riot's problems straightened out soon. There is a low-cost spay/neuter clinic in Newmarket just north of Toronto that doesn't charge over $200. You should check it out: Ontario SPCA - Spay Neuter Clinic

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
I will look into the wellness. The stores here are more expensive, probably because I live in a tourist city...

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
I have an appointment already for a vet to get him fixed. Will cost me $220. That I can handle as vaccine come with it. I will get his issues worked out, I dont know why every one keeps saying that. I have already contacted the vet.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Squeeks, hope your cat gets better soon! I know you just want the best for your kitty. Wellness is a good brand to feed, my cats love it. Though you may want to buy a couple of cans of different flavors before ordering an entire case, just to make sure your cat likes it.

·
Registered
12,673 Posts
"If I lie about raw and it is something raw has caused I lose, if I tell the truth and say I feed raw the vet will automatically assume its raw that caused it..I lose. Every vet here is anti-raw. So, what I may do is say I feed kibble, if it is something with meat or bone etc I will play moron and say he must of gotten into some raw etc. That way the vet cannot automatically blame it on raw and not explore other causes."

With that statement it sounds like you're more concerned about being right or "winning" than figuring out what's wrong with Riot and taking care of it. That's not really what you mean is it? So what if you lose? If it is the raw, then it's good that you found out, and something can be done about it.
I think you missed the point.
This is NOT about winning/losing or who is right/wrong. She has a very real issue with veterinarians automatically assuming the raw diet is the culprit and refusing to investigate further.
She stated if she lies about the raw diet and raw is the cause ... she/cat lose out on a proper diagnosis and treatment to remedy the true issue.
If she is truthful about the raw diet and the vet jumps to conclusions w/out proof of cause ... she/cat lose out on a proper diagnosis and treatment to remedy the true issue.
It is a darned if she does, darned if she doesn't scenario and she is trying to find the best way to approach the issue so her cat *can* be properly treated. Not an issue about winning. :roll:

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I think you missed the point.
This is NOT about winning/losing or who is right/wrong. She has a very real issue with veterinarians automatically assuming the raw diet is the culprit and refusing to investigate further.
She stated if she lies about the raw diet and raw is the cause ... she/cat lose out on a proper diagnosis and treatment to remedy the true issue.
If she is truthful about the raw diet and the vet jumps to conclusions w/out proof of cause ... she/cat lose out on a proper diagnosis and treatment to remedy the true issue.
It is a darned if she does, darned if she doesn't scenario and she is trying to find the best way to approach the issue so her cat *can* be properly treated. Not an issue about winning. :roll:
Sorry, I think I may have misunderstood that portion of her post. I thought she was saying that if she tells the truth about the raw and the raw ends up being the cause, then she loses in her attempts to keep him on raw/loses her argument with the vet about raw not being the issue. I was simply saying that I felt making sure he's eating something and making sure these problems stop is what's most important right now. Re-reading it now I see what you're saying, she's complaining about the lose/lose regarding not getting a clear diagnosis.

But anyway, like I said, I agree it's probably not the diet and it's unfortunate the vet is so fixated on that. It seems like she may have more success with this other vet she's contacted who is more educated on raw feeding.

·
Registered
12,673 Posts
I agree with you. As long as the cats are eating something, ANYTHING even if it is KittyCrack, is better than eating nothing and risking Hepatic Lipidosis.

"The best cat food is the one your cat will eat." The food could be the best in the universe but if the cat won't eat it, it won't do the cat any good at all.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Update..

Yesterday he pooped once. Around 3pm. He was eating fine. Today his hunger is normal. Hes eating raw chicken again!. He hasnt pooped since yesterday at 3pm but the vet said the flagyl can cause constipation and to give him a day or so. So far no more bloody poops..I hope :)

·
Registered
12,673 Posts
I conducted a little 'study' about litterbox habits this past summer.
I had 9 adult housecats and 5 kittens (4-5mo old) in separate areas of the house. I found that each cat/kitt produced about 1 poop per 24hrs and the adult cats peed 2-3x and the kittens peed 4x per 24hr period.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
lol. Riot hasnt pooped yet. Its been two days. Today he tried to, I think hes constipated. I am going to give him some canned pumpkin to move things along.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts