Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello .
I have a 9 month old kitten .
When ever i go to grab her food or water bowl she swats at my hand . The weird part is she also does it when I go to put the food or water bowl back .
Just thought this was weird but cute and wondering if anyone shares the same experiance .

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
My recently adopted stray does this, less and less - fortunately. I think it may be because she's used to defending from absolutely any movement near her. It's in line with other behaviors of hers when something moves near her. I'm getting her used to not fearing something that draws near.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Milky only swats at us when he's bored and wants us to play with him.

We noticed it was a weird behaviour of his for a while and watched out for the times when he would do it. He generally does it in the mornings when we're about to leave home (we think he knows it'll be night by the time we get home again). He also does it in the evenings when we're watching tv and he is waiting for us to play with him. I think it's cute!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Speaking of swatting, I had my husband hold Sienna (we've had her 4 weeks now) while I cut a mat from the tip of one of her pantaloons .. well that's what I call em, it makes me laugh. Once released, I petted/praised her (she hates being brushed and for now it's a struggle to get any grooming done), I walked out of the bedroom and she sped past me and swatted me on the leg in a drive-by swatting (no claws, just a heavy paw). She's so rotten!

·
Premium Member
780 Posts
my rehabbed feral tammi gives one swat to the food cup(or hand) when I'm filling her dish, used to be a hard swat now its a mild tap..she's mellowed over the years,..

·
Registered
111 Posts
Arthur likes to perch on the console table at the end of the hall and swat at me when I enter or leave the bedroom, and Laszlo swats at me when he feels I am being sluggish about mealtimes. He also gives what we call "paws to the face" when we try to sleep in, but it's gentle. More like a tap-tap-tap.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.