Cat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question about deciduous teeth in kittens: I have a 6 month old kitten (probably a bit older) name Freya. She's lost almost all of her baby teeth except her upper canines. Her permanent canines have also grown in, but the baby teeth are showing no inclination of dropping out, so right now she has crazy shark teeth going on. I forgot to ask her vet about it when I got her spayed a couple weeks ago, but it doesn't seem pressing enough to call her up specially, so wondered if you all might have some input. I'm used to senior cats, but kittens are a bit of a new ball game for me. Is it normal for the canines to drop out late? Will she lose them, or is this something that might need to eventually be addressed?

Thanks much!

·
Super Moderator
26,880 Posts
When Cali and Charlee Marie were kittens, I never even noticed them losing their baby teeth.

I Googled the description of your kitty's teeth, I think you're safe as long as you don't invite her inside -- oh, crap, she already lives there. Garlic. You'll need garlic......

I agree that you should call your vet, it's probably an easy answer that will take your stress away.

Reactions: Mosi
1 - 3 of 3 Posts