Cat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If I clean his litter box when he's around he'll jump in, start chasing the scooper, and generally just play in it, pouncing around like a sand box

Also, today he jumped in and took a whiz right while I was cleaning it, as if to say. "hey, this is my stink and I want it here"

·
Registered
8,980 Posts
Hah! Welcome to the world of cats. I'm glad my guys at least wait until I'm done before christening the box again..... barely wait.....

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
LOL!!!

There's a few cats at the sanctuary I volunteer at that do stuff like that.

Liberace will roll around in the box after we dump new/clean litter in.
Gemini and Dusky will dart in and out of the 'stream' of litter while we are pouring it in the box.
Sienna gets in and kicks it all over... just for the heck of it (also Zinny does that, which is why I got a covered box at home, as I was tired of cleaning up 2 lbs of litter off the carpet every other day!)
Trout (who was only there a couple months, then got adopted!) used to chase and bat at the scooper.
Skittles (who got a virus and had to be euthanized) would chase the broom when we were trying to sweep the litter off the floor.

Several of them decide to go in the exact spot that just got scooped. Or they go right after a box is all scooped, even though there are 4 other boxes to be used! (and these are huge boxes, bought at the hardware store meant to mix cement in)

·
Registered
438 Posts
Yep, lol. I have to lock Apollo in my bedroom when I scoop his box or I wind up getting litter and poo everywhere but in the bag I'm scooping it into. Pain! Haha. He wants to lay in the litter box and 'protect' his stinkies, and pounce onto the bag I'm scooping into.. Oh man, it didn't take me long to figure out he needed to be put away so I can clean his box without issue.

It's cute the first time or 3, but then it just gets awkward haha.

·
Registered
6,958 Posts
One thing I can coun on is that Murphy will christen his new litter within seconds of me pouring it in there. Ahhh, the allure of new litter in the springtime. :)

·
Registered
438 Posts
One thing I can coun on is that Murphy will christen his new litter within seconds of me pouring it in there. Ahhh, the allure of new litter in the springtime. :)
Yep, never fails! Apollo will either christen his freshly-cleaned litter box right after I'm done with it, or he will just jump in and dig around in it and then jump out and track tons of litter all over the floor that I just swept and moped when I finished cleaning his box, lol. And then I SWEAR I can see laughter in his eyes after he does it haha

·
Registered
8,980 Posts
Shepherd Book is fascinated by the biodegradeable plastic bags I scoop into. As soon as I shake one open he's climbing on me. I've learned to have two and throw one as a decoy so I can quick clean the boxes. Then I take the decoy away from him and tuck it inbetween some books on the shelf until the next time I need it.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Richard drives me crazy when I scoop the boxes. Yesterday I was scooping fresh litter into the boxes and he was attacking my hand while it was in the bag. Just as I pulled out a scoop of litter he jumped on it and it went flying everywhere. I was not impressed with the mess!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts