Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My boy Tigger is about 5 months old and he has always had a cute little pink nose but I started to notice this black crustiness on the outsides of his nose, I tried cleaning it off but it won’t easily come off or clean. Here are some pictures for reference and answers would be great! He doesn’t seem to be bothered by it at all but I just want to make sure it’s not an underlying issue.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi. You were wise to ask about this, as it may be serious. White cats in particular are prone to getting growths on the nose due to sun exposure.
They lack the pigments that other cats have to protect them from sun, and easily get sunburnt. In younger cats it is more often solar dermatititis, but older cats are more prone to cancer.
I would recommend that you get this checked out by a vet. Meanwhile, try to keep your kitten from sitting in the sun for very long periods.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Steve thank you very much for your reply! I will definitely be looking more into that and getting my little guy checked out by a vet. Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts