Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I found this cat forum as I browse about my kitten's condition.

Our kitten used to sleep beside us. He only poop once a day. As a cat mom who wants to spoil the kitten, I bought him litter sand and whiskas because he doesn't want to eat his cat foods.

But his stool became frequent. He pooped 5 times yesterday and 4 times today as of 3:14 am. He doesn't want to sleep beside us and found him sleeping in his litter sand.

I am thinking that he has diarrhea because his poop is kind of liquid in form and he poop frequently. I am hesitant to go to vet because of expensive fee in our vet clinics here. Please help what should I do.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hi,

Probably it is the Whiskas. Changes in food can have that.
If you can't take him to the vet, boil chicken in just water and feed him the chicken. It should help give consistency to the #2 again. I had that issue because I gave tuna from cans (for humans) to my cat. It was solved with the chicken in 2 or 3 days.
Notice my cat was 1 and a half years old. Kittens are more sensible to dehydration so keep an eye and rush to vet if needed.
A good recovery to your kitten.

Duarte

·
Registered
662 Posts
As miscellaneous says above, kittens can die very quickly if they get dehydrated and diarrhea can be fatal. If you care about this kitty take him to the vet right away. Even though it costs money. Owning an animal means sometimes having to pay for vet care in order to keep them healthy and cared for. This is just a fact. Think about how you will feel if you refuse to take the kitten in and he dies.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts