Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all.

I have a small kitten who won't nurse, even though her belly is pretty empty.

She also seems tired and weak, like her sibling did before we brought her to the vet, and she, sadly, had to be put down because she was too far gone.

What is going on and how can I fix it? I don't think I can deal with another heartbreak.

Shes about 3 1/2 weeks old, and I've been trying to get them to lap up some KMR as well as nurse but she doesn't want to.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
I'm sorry to read this, it sounds like a re-run of Lili! Perhaps there was a real problem with this litter of kittens, Maybe that's why they were born premie? They were not carried to term because there was something seriously terribly wrong and they weren't going to make it? Makes you wonder.

Sometimes Mother Nature knows best. But it sure does hurt when we don't understand why.

Just know that you gave care and love where it was surely needed. They were in a warm safe space, not freezing out in the cold.

·
Super Moderator
26,625 Posts
What did the vet say?

·
Registered
10 Posts
@eldercat, Thank you for your kind words. My mom and I also agree that, perhaps this litter just wasn't meant to be. I still am hoping that Jasper the 3rd and Runtastic both make it.

What did the vet say?
The vet didn't say much except that she was anemic and hyperlipidemic. They didn't want to take any more blood from her, either, since she was already so low...

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
I’m so sorry. I hope she hangs on. Please give her a hug from me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts