Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi recently my kitten was ill and has had his injections he hasnt bothered to come up and sit on me for about 7 weeks now and when picked up feels reluctant to run off. Has any1 else experienced this with there cat. I don't understand it he used to love it. :(

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm by no means an expert, but I would suggest that you (if you aren't) spend a lot of time with your kitten. Play with it, talk to it: coo and praise it, spoil it, cuddle it when it wants to be cuddled. Double this amount of attention whenever you and your kitten come home from the vet to reinforce the fact that you aren't as "mean" as the vet who stuck needles into it etc. Maybe going to the vet was a shock for it, and you patiently need to remind it that you're a nice wuvvin hooman with a nice cosy lap.

Some cats won't become lap cats at all though, but still be as loving even if it isn't climbing all over you. One of my kittens occasionally sleeps on my lap but much prefers to snuggle up to my side, neck or armpit instead for a nap or a cuddle. And that is just as cosy and you don't have to grit your teeth when your LAPcat tramples and claws up your tummy :)

This is my 5 cents, good luck :) hope you and your kitten will become best friends again.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I also have a new kitten and she not much of a lap cat, at first she strated out that why but is becoming the cosy next to my side cat. and deffintly talk to her or him. cat's, kitten love when you talk to them, the more you talk to them you can better understand what they really want from you. I have a one year old and a new kitten. I talk to my older cat MIJA all the time even is i'm having a bad day and am just telling her about it, and she talk's back she talk all the time and it great for our relationship. I aslo talk to my new kitten and she loves to talk back. But any way back to the point cat's LOVE when you talk to them. It should help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts