Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I met "wild kitten" at the shelter today...except that no one told me he was wild kitten until I already had him in my hands passing him to someone to put him back in his cage (I should have known when I found him asleep in the litterbox, keeping all his brothers and sisters out). I am absolutely awed by these people who can carry three or four kittens all at once. At times, it's like a kitten rodeo, trying to round up four or five kittens and keep them going in the same direction. The adults are a bit easier, except for this one very round DLH guy who insists upon brutally attacking my shoes every time I clean his condo, a DSH fellow who never fails to untie my shoe for fun, and another who beats up whoever's cleaning the cage next to him. Met two gorgeous longhairs in the isolation unit who were found dumped in the outdoor dog kennels recently, as well as a sick momkitty and kittens rescued from a dumpster somewhere.

So by 9AM, I'm beat. Wondering why I'm doing this. There are SO many cats, some have been there for years...I'm ready to go home and not come back...it's depressing and crazy and exhausting. At this point, I'm wondering why *I* even have a cat. I can't get the smell of cat pee and bleach out of my nose, my hand is sore from wild kitten, the end of my shoelace is shredded, and for some reason, the cats seem particularly unappreciative today (must be the low barometric pressure).

So I'm mopping the lobby floor (again) when I pass by one of the kitten cages (we're so overcrowded that we've got them in cages stacked in the lobby). This particular cage houses four almost identical black kittens, and as I look down to mop in front of the cage, I see four identical black heads tilted sideways, all turning in unison, intently watching the mop go back and forth. Eight little yellow-green eyes peer out. Then four identical black paws reach out to grab the mop. Then mayhem ensues as all four of them turn into this writhing clump of black fur because someone stepped on someone else's tail and hey, it's an excuse to bounce around. But the sight of the four of them stalking my mop...well, it's enough to make me decide that maybe I might possibly go back again (okay, who am I kidding? I'm going back).

I'm not quite sure why I posted this story, it was just something about the sight of those four little kittens that made my whole day seem worthwhile.
:D

·
Registered
14 Posts
eep

heh heh, i witnessed the same thing at a shelter i donate food to. i went to see the kittens and some folks in the kitten room were playing with a few (they let em out to play in shifts) as the loose ones batted a ball around, the rest were intensly watching the ball. 20 little furry heads in unison. very cute.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts