Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's another night and the midnight kitten-capades begin.

These little rascals start out with a bit of "pounce and chase" which of course leads to kitten wrestling on (and sometimes under) my big, comfy Living room chair. Thank goodness we're using a washable, changeable slipcover on the thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FD-sDAPckrQ

Funny thing about their wrestling is that they'll stalk each other, fake attack and if one catches the other, the wrestling match ends with a pin to the ground and lick on the forehead. Is that a kitten nougie?

Then it's time for the latest and greatest game in the house: Kitten Crinkle Ball Soccer. Little 50 cent toys I picked up at the vet which has both kittens playing for days. They bat it around, grab it in their mouths and carry it to another part of the house where it rolls better then resume the game. If the ball ends up under a cabinet or chair, they'll go in search of to dig it out. I thought they'd given up after the first hour's use with the ball to be lost until vacuum day, but sure enough the next morning we spot another kitten carrying the thing around the house to play again.

Here Bella bats her prize around in the hallway only to end up in the bathroom.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEJvrJW-K8s

Then Cricket retrieves it from the bathroom and has her fun with it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-c0r1jYYEPk

As of now they've chased each other upstairs. Hopefully that means they'll settle down for the night.

·
Super Moderator
26,342 Posts
Those were great videos! I burst out laughing when the kitty fell backwards out of the chair - same time as the laughing woman in the video background! :D

·
Registered
12,679 Posts
marie73 said:
I burst out laughing when the kitty fell backwards out of the chair - same time as the laughing woman in the video background! :D
I did, too! :lol: I also found myself making "chooka-chooka-chooka" noises to encourage them in their play...

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Haha, very entertaining! What cute kitties. The look on your kitty's face when she fell off the chair was priceless.

And the video quality is amazing, nice!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
marie73 said:
Those were great videos! I burst out laughing when the kitty fell backwards out of the chair - same time as the laughing woman in the video background! :D
The laughing woman was me. They crack me up so much.

I have to get a video of them wrestling and giving each other nougies. That's so funny. I hope they continue to have such a good relationship. We've been very fortunate in not having any hissing or growling. They seem to genuinely enjoy playing with each other. And when we show up, they pause and look at us like "Go away mom, we're being silly."

Sadly the crinkle ball ended up under the microwave cart. Cricket knows where it is so we'll have to see if she retrieves it tomorrow. They ended up coming back downstairs after their "pounce and chase" and are currently sleeping in their favorite spots: Cricket on the chair under the Dining room table and Bella in the chair beside me.

Oh, I found they hardly ever meow but always listen for each other's bells. If the bells get all erratic (as if one has found something interesting) the other takes off after it. Even if that means getting up from a nap.

·
Registered
7,458 Posts
The videos are wonderful. it must be hard to get anything done around your house with those two running around, and how smart of them to listen for the change in bell tones.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Every day I come downstairs determined to get right to work. But as soon as I hit the bottom step, a friendly mew calls out and suddenly I'm followed by two kitties wanting to play and explore.

I thought the crinkle balls were lost forever last night. They were waiting for me in the middle of the kitchen floor today. Best toys ever!

·
Registered
29 Posts
God, are you kidding me? Kittens NEVER rest! :lol:

It's been proven by Tiava La Catte! *holds up kitten* :D

Also, Ti doesn't wear a collar. ^.^; That helps with stalking.... XDD

1 - 10 of 10 Posts