Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I'm new here, but have read through the forum extensively regarding this topic. I've tried several high-quality foods, but have not resovled the problem. It does not seem to be an illness (in addition to the fact that both cats suffer from this), but rather a consequence of their diet. Here's a list of ones I've tried.

Royal Cannin
Nutro Natural
Purina Pro Plan
Chicken Soup

I'm running out of high-quality foods...has anyone had any luck with another brand? Thanks in advance.

Keiyu

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
The problem may not be the food. Have they been checked by the vet? Stool samples run looking for parasites, bacterial imbalances, undigested starch or fat, etc.?

Is this wet food or dry (or both) you're feeding?

Cheers,
Dr. Jean

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Stool samples have been taken and they have come up negative, although I'm not sure if the test results included bacterial imbalances and undigested starch. Are the chances of both cats having the same problem quite high (from separate litters)?

Also, does water affect smell or is it predominantly based on diet and other stomach related illnesses?

They are being fed dry kitten food at the moment.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I was having the same problem and still do when I first change to a different food. It doesn't matter how good the food is, if you go from one food to another it will stink for a few days.

I feed them Purina One right now and have no over powering smell. I then went to Pro plan and for the first few days it was unbarrable and now it's fine again.

I really like Purina One.... there coats are soooo soft and I can get it in my local grocery store.

Hope this helps,
Debbie

1 - 4 of 4 Posts