Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My kittens have been in a large cage in the garage due to fleas the last two days. The fleas are gone now and we're going to take them to the vet and get them washed up so they can roam our 2 story house.

Question: should I leave the litter box and food downstairs where no one sleeps or upstairs in someone's bedroom? i eventually want to teach them to use a liter box downstairs by the living room or near the garage because our 2nd story is not very big and is just 3 rooms with a very narrow hallway.

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
43 Posts
You'll probably want to keep your kittens confined to one room for the first few days they're allowed inside. I think it would be quite overwhelming for them if they were allowed to roam throughout the entire house initially. It may seem small to you, but they'll no doubt think it's a very large space compared to what they're used to. :) Perhaps you should place the kittens with their food, toys & litter in a room near the area you eventually want their litter box to be permanently. As you slowly introduce them to the rest of your home (always supervised :) ) you can move the litter box a couple of feet each day until it's in its permanent place. That way neither you, nor the kittens, have to go through any more anxiety than necessary.

Good luck!
Beth :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts