Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know cat's lick out of affection, but is the same true for young kittens? Anderson was all over my arm today, licking it with his little tongue, and Miko was doing the same thing (she even purred for a few seconds). Is this affection or something else?

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Sometimes Skeeter will lick and lick at my arm or leg if he smells a different scent on it, like when I am sweaty or have been someplace out of the ordinary. He'll just wrap his arms around me and lick away (sometimes it starts to hurt!). Were you sweaty or anything? Maybe they tasted the saltiness?
Or, since your kittens are still so small (and ADORABLE!!!), perhaps you smelled like their mommy and they had in their minds that they were curled up with her.

·
Registered
247 Posts
My black and white Bandit licks. He is not about 7 and if I'm laying in the bed reading he will come up and start licking. Until I actually have to putmy arm under the covers. He also will panic if he is laying on the chair or sofa with me and I getup and he doesn't realize it. When he wakes up and I'm not there he just cries and cries. Unitl I call him.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Both my kittens lick alot also. Sometimes I think they are grooming you other times I get the impression there attracted to the salty taste we must have from normal persperation

1 - 4 of 4 Posts