Cat Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello! A stray cat who adopted my family had 5 kittens and I need some help finding good homes for them! I haven't had any luck with friends or acquaintances so far and my vet told me not to post on craigslist. We have decided to keep 2 of them :lol:
The rest are all male and are 12 weeks old. They are well cared for, but haven't had any shots or anything yet (we were going to leave that to the responsible new owners).

I have 1 short haired black kitten, 1 longer haired black one, and one big orange tabby :D
I know that the chances of finding homes for them here is probably very small, but I thought I'd try anyway! Fingers crossed :wink:

·
Super Moderator
26,388 Posts
Won't your vet neuter these kittens at low or no cost to you since they know they're kittens of a stray? I really hate to see them adopted out unneutered and without shots. You can ask a small fee to recover those costs.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The receptionist at my vets office adopted one yesterday! Obviously she will neuter and get him his shots. :)
If I can't find the other ones trustworthy homes soon, I will get them neutered at the humane society or ask the vet to do it at a reduced cost like you suggested.

·
Registered
382 Posts
You could try posting ads, with pics, at vet clinics. At least the people who see the posters have a vet! Still interview and get references, including the vet. They are very cute! Wish I could, I already have 14 kitties!

·
Premium Member
9,137 Posts
Some smaller shelters might let you put your kitten up on their petfinder sight. We do that for people as long as the kitten is s/n and vacc. Call around your area to see if you can find someone to help.

A good shelter understands the bottom line is to s/n and find indoor homes for all cats and they may partner with you to help you achieve that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.