Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone, I'm posting to find out some of your experiences with your kitties. I've always had a cat, but I've never really had 2 kittens at the same time. They do like to play and wrestle a lot, but I'm scared that they're playing a little to rough. I noticed my Ralphie was squinting his left eye a little. I think Morgan scratched him there a little bit. They aren't declawed, and I don't want to get them declawed at all. I'm just scared one of them is going to get hurt. Am I just over reacting?

Any experiance you've had would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Alvin

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi Alvin...
I have 2 cats, and when I first introduced them they fought also. I think its a territorial thing, as they both want the same territory to be theirs and they'll do whatever to make themselves think its theirs...if that makes sense. :) Basically, at least in my situation.. They'll be a little rough once in a while at first (and by "rough" i mean they'll bat or smack at each other and hiss and growl) until eventually they find comfort in sharing their space with one another. In my opinion, they're acting normal. Good luck!

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Kittens will play VERY rough. It's normal! I have two brothers who, at almost age 3, still get into it. One screams and hollers and makes a big whoop-te-do, while the other is the silent stalker. I have learned to ignore it! :wink:

If there is an eye problem, please do get the kitten to the vet immediately. If a scratch becomes infected, he could lose his eye in no time. Eye injuries are urgent.

Cheers,
Dr. Jean

1 - 4 of 4 Posts