Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bf was playing with one of the kittens (born on May 20th) when he noticed fleas on them!! I don't know where they could have come from. My two cats (Aegee and Gizmo) had fleas months ago but since then have been flea free.

Anyway. I was reading online and read that I can wash the kittens in Lemon Joy to kill the fleas. Is this okay? Or should I try and find kitten flea shampoo? I also heard that I can buy a kitten flea spray from my vet.

What should I do?

The parent-cats have been washed after the fleas were discovered on the one kitten. (They weren't too happy about that).

My bf washed the little ones too.

Hopefully that took care of the problem, but just in case I'd like to be prepared in case we see a reoccurence of the flea problem.

Oh. And the house has been thoroughly cleaned as well.

PS. For everyone that's been following the story of Runty, the 3-legged kitten, he's been checked out at the vet and they say he only has a stump and it shouldn't be a problem. They said that if the limb becomes a problem such as the skin not growing with the stump, then the stump can be amputated when he's older. But he's fine and healthy and absolutely adorable!

·
Registered
282 Posts
You certainly can bathe them in lemon dish soap, but I would consider getting either Advantage or Frontline. My kittens had terrible fleas when I adopted them, and just one dose of Frontline killed all of their fleas and I haven't had a problem in nearly a year. Whatever you do, DO NOT use Hartz flea products. Also, make sure you wash all of their bedding, vacuum all carpets very well, and clean any fabrics thoroughly.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
I really think Advantage or Frontline is the best flea control-paws down :D I am not not sure, but I think you can use it on kittens...check with your veterinarian.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts