Cat Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
I will get some better pictures today. She had to go the Vet and get checked cas we could feel something else but they've xrayed an think it was a undeveloped kitten that she has reabsorbed ��. She's fine though and a brilliant mum alreadyx

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had the vet checked the one with curled up feet she said its called twisted leg syndrome but it hasn't got it really bad and it should grow out of it. And minnie is booked in to be spayed in 6 weeks x

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
Glad to hear she checked out at the vet OK. The kittens look healthy and seem to have grown overnite.

Occasionally a retained fetus doesn't get absorbed and then can cause problems. So keep checking her carefully several times a day that she doesn't have any kind of foul-smelling yellowish discharge from her vagina as it may be Pyometra, which is a vet emergency and requires immediate spaying. There are other symptoms as well to keep in mind, as there may be no discharge.

Pet Health Resources | Cats | Pyometra in Cats | University Animal Hospital

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you I will keep an eye on her she seems to have perked up today as she was exhausted after giving birth poor girl. The kittens do seemed to have filled out over night haha. The vet said they are nice healthy sizes x

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Glad they got a nod from the vet. Some pretty kittens you have there. The one with the pattern below the shoulders almost looks like she/he has wings imprinted there. (third pic)

congrats on the nice litter.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh wow yes I didn't notice that. I can't tell the sex with this one yet I think it's a girl so me may have to name her angel ? now that I've seen them wings hehe tht one is the one with the curled feet Aswell. there is a boy and a girl black one they have a few white markings underneath and the White patterned is a girl x

·
Premium Member
8,622 Posts
Tashap,
Congratulations to you, New Mommy, and Kittens!
What an Adorable bunch!:D

I also agree with Catloverami, about keeping an eye on mama cat, just in case of Pyometra...
One of my employees, has a mommy boxer dog, that had puppies recently, she unfortunately, developed this, and had to have the emergency spay!
Looking forward to more pictures!
All Paws Crossed for mama and kittens!
Sharon

·
Premium Member
8,622 Posts
Tashap,
If that one turns out to be a male, and a Torti...that's a rarity, I think!:what:
Sharon

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The male that we seen around our garden was a long haired tori cat so we think that may be the dad and there was also a black long haired male so not sure if both could of mated with her x

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
If it was a male Torti. likely he didn't father the kittens. As rare as they are.. they are sterile. The mutation of the color gene is on the female chromosome, which would make him XXY and sterile. XX being female and XY being male of course.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Oh no sorry I meant he was tabby and the tabby kitten is possibly male sorry I just checked the colours online and realised they are tabby pattern not torti shell ? I'm new to this haha x

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thank you there just adorable I can't wait to get more pictures of them growing. Minnie has been great she's a good mum already. Xx

1 - 20 of 84 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.