Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, it was a coworker's birthday yesterday, so it was my responsibility to get ballons and those little thingies you blow into and it unrolls the paper thing. (Sorry for my lack of eloquence!)

Anyways, I was sitting on my bed blowing up the balloons, and Kiera was just standing on the floor, paws up on the side of the bed peeking to see what the comotion was all about. It was so cute: the adorable "What's that going on over there?!" look.

I couldn't take all the balloons with me, and so i thought i'd leave some for Kiera. I thought she'd love it! But instead, she is terrified of them! When I bounce them around she runs away, and when I put it near her, she runs around the corner and looks back suspiciously at it.

Do any of your kitties like balloons? I thought kiera would love it as a toy!

-Heather :)

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
My son came home from a friends birthday party with a helium balloon that we left in the living room for the day..not thinking anything of it, since it was fully inflated and floating high against the ceiling.

Franny took it upon herself to jump on the coffee table and leap at the balloon. She finally managed to get the ribbon down low enough to the ground where she proceeded to put the ribbon in her mouth and carry the balloon down the hallway.

It was quickly taken away from her, but was a funny sight!

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Kitties should not be left unattended with balloons. If it pops, and they try to eat it, you might have a dead kitty.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Definatley a choking hazard...be careful!
Yeah! When I got home after reading hte responses, i cut the balloons and threw them away. Even if they weren't a hazard, Kiera was clearly not interested!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts