Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!
I have two kitties, Tsuki and Yona, who just got spayed on 11/1.
We did our best to follow the vets instructions to keep them separated and calm. However after day 4, they seemed to be feeling better and more themselves. (Had more energy, wanted to be together)
But we notice the incision has a small bump around it - called the vet and they told us that they were too active and need to remain separated and calm for another week.

Any tips keeping them mellow?

They are hating being separated and have so much energy.

Their incisions are staying the same too.

·
Super Moderator
27,274 Posts
I picked up my twins at their foster home the day after they were spayed. They were running up and down a huge cat tree at the time. I was kind of shocked, but I had never adopted kittens before and everything was new to me. I brought them home and kept an eye on their incision sites because there was no way they were going to be separated or kept "mellow." This was their first weekend home with me:

Never say "bite me" to your sister:
Cat Felidae Carnivore Small to medium-sized cats Whiskers

I don't want to contradict your vet's advice, but personally, I would let them be together and do exactly what you're doing, keeping an eye on their incision sites.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I know how hard it is to keep them separated! We had the same situation, let them together after a few days, boy was a bit too energetic and the girl's wound started bleeding again.
Then, after the vet's advice, we did keep them separate again for a week until the wound healed up a lot more, and when they played again, no more damage! Absolutely, extremely hard week to keep them separated but in the end better for them👍😻 Try to spend a bit more time with them when they're separate, I was fortunate enough that I could take a couple of days off work

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is hard :(
I appreciate the encouragement.
I'm hoping that they will heal faster than expected.
We keep them separated during the day and then at night. They are together during dinner time when I hang out with them.
I just hope it's enough.
Thank you!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi Tsuki and Yona's parent, I had the same problem with my two and I solved it by using their walking vests with leash. I would hold on to each of their leashes with different hands but allow them to reach their heads together so they could sniff each other and touch their noses to say hello. It comforted them and I did this on my bed so I could lay down with them and yet control them. Hope it works for you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts