Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yikes! i gave my 18 month old kitten one of those fake fur mice. she started licking it and playing. i came back a little later and it was dangling out of her mouth by the tail and she was chewing away like a cow. i didn't think anything of it... but when i went back, the mouse's tail was missing. i couldn't find it anywhere... i am assuming she ATE it.

anyone have any experience with this? i called the vet and the receptionist said it happens all the time and just to watch her. what do i watch for and could this cause a problem? :?

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
If it helps, I think it is pretty common. Velvet did the same thing when she was a kitten and I freaked out. :shock: Called the vet and basically got the same response you did, that it happens and just to keep an eye on her. She was totally fine.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks! it's good to hear that! unfortunately, i am a worry-wart kitty mom now. i almost lost her once! so i am not taking any chances...

i'll keep watching!

·
Banned
410 Posts
I guess that is very common--my cats have eaten the toy mouse tails too. I don't blame you for being a worrier--I am too! When you invest so much love and more love--you're allowed to worry! :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts