Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted a few weeks back about my kitten, Kota, peeing outside of her litter box and it was a rusty color. I took her to the vet and they gave me antibiotics in case of a UTI, and they seemed to be working as far as her pee is not colored anymore, its almost clear. I think she may just have a control issue...she seems to be "leaking" in her sleep! Like just now, she was sleeping on the couch and I happened to look over by her tail, and there was a little spot of pee. (I just washed the couch cushions, dang it!!!) The other day I was petting her and she just let out a little tinkle while purring and everything. Its always a little tiny amount, and it does not seem like she is "trying to pee", as in squatting...like she doesnt know she is doing it.
Is there a such thing as kitty incontinence? Kitty Depends??? :p
I will take her to the vet again, just wondering if anyone has heard of such a thing. Also, are there any things I can do or give to her that I dont have to buy from a vet....like remedies or something? Thanks.

PS she is on Felidae wet AND dry and has fresh water daily.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Yes, kitties can be incontinent, but it's pretty unusual outside of Manx cats or cats who have had a spinal injury. Believe it or not, they do make "diapers" for cats! (If it comes to that, I will find out where to order them) This definitely requires a vet visit, though!

Cheers,
Dr. Jean

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Sabby was incontinent. That's why I took him to the vet and found out he was diabetic. The problem cleared up when we got his blood sugar under control.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Annissa how old was Sabby when you found this out? Has he had it all his life, or did it develop from something else?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts