Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, this thread is just a titch late by a day or two. its about y newest kitten Tobay that I got on the 7th. I stated before in Nero's thread that I was going back to get a kitten and well I did! the end.

Ok im not going to leave you hanging...

Firstly, Captain Nero update. Lets just say we now know why he was turned in for being "too active" he goes nuts throughout the day and tears around the house like his butt is on fire meowing and hollaring the entire way then plops down and acts like he wasnt doing anything at all. We of course think its hilarious. And besides, its better that it happens in the midde of the day vs in the middle of night. We have also caught him pulling blankets out of the closest too. He is strong for his size...

Now for the kitten. I went back to the HS after verifing that the kittens they got were able to be fixed and would be available for adoption. So i go in and take a look around. there are 4 new ones, ranging from 2 months to about 6 months of age. the youngest was an adorable little 2 month old, fuzziest thing on 4 legs, She was happily attacking a cat in ts litter box. Then the next two, one was a 3 month old looked like the 2 months sibling and another 3 month old, a smaller orange tabby, and lastly a 6month black female.

I had Kyra with me at the time and the youngest and the oldest were nixed out based on their reactions to her right off the bat. I looked at the orange one, and he loved on me and of course I was lost.

I claimed him, adopted him and went home, he didnt make a peep the entire way home, but alas it was too good to be true. He HATED Nero. I mean hissing, spitting, clawing, hate. Poor Nero didnt know what to do. He made very fiendly happy chirping noises towards the kitten to no avail and his kitty feelings got hurt in response.

The kitten got used to the house really quick and soon his devil colours came out. When he plays he gets violent, all teeth and nails, rawr rawr rawr. To discourage this I thumped him, but alas that was also a fail as it seemed to encourage the behavior instead of discouraging it, so now we tickle his tonsils. The biting aspect of his play has gone down a lot but it is a work in progress, but man he is the sweetest kitty, he is a living motor boat, lovey dovey, chases his tail. But he s bold too, walked right up to my older dog, and spat at him and walked away.

His behavior though is obviously kitten like an being the little terror that he is, was soon dubbed Little S*t. AKA Tobay.

But there is light at the end of the tunnel! He and Nero have made peace, apparently Nero's captainy charms rubbed off on Tobay and they are now happy with each other.

Pictures!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think its Nero's Charm. When Tobay wouldnt warm up to him, Nero started watching him to see where he would be going, then run the round about way to get there first, lay down real quick, and when Tobay ran into him, he would give a friendly chirping purr. He's been doing that the past couple days and it seems to have worked in any case.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Hrm... maybe it's just the lighting of the pics, but LS/Tobay seems a little bit skinny...? Not that it'll last long, I'm sure, as you obviously care for kitties.

Once again, thank you for adopting an adult black! LOL

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
Hrm... maybe it's just the lighting of the pics, but LS/Tobay seems a little bit skinny...?
I actually think it is his fur all fuzzed-up over his back, casting a shadow and making his flank look sunk-in ... but the next pic makes him look nicely filled-out for a kitt.

Nero sounds AWESOME and Tobay looks ADORABLE! LOVE!!!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well that and he was in process of exhaling too, so a double effect. He also eats like a pig.

Also that picture was taken the day after his neutering surgury.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts