Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there everyone!

My oldest cat tabby is 14 and half years old. Recently one of the younger cats got a cold and we took him to the vet and he gave him an antibiotic and medicine for his eye. The younger cat is now better but gave the cold to Tabby and he is now horribly sick (has gotten this way in last 24 hours) no vets are in tomorrow. We have been giving him a vitamin and antibiotic to help with the cold. The poor thing has to breath through his mouth because his nose is so stuffed. The vet isn't in till monday, I was wondering if any of you knew of anything else I could do for him, some sort of home remedy maybe? I'm really worried with his age, and how badly he is sick.
Thanks for any advice!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
thanks!

Thank you very much for the information. I did the pinch test on tabby and his skin went back into place very quickly. I have been monitoring him closely and making sure he eats (canned cat food) and drinks water. I had the vaporizer running in my room for him, but upon calling the vet, he said that it only hampered his breathing unfortunately, but it did seem to help? I've been wiping his face off a couple times a day like you suggested and that seems to help. I appreciate the information! Me and tabby both thank you!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi thanks again, I did take him to the vet the other day and he gave him antibiotic. He seems to be getting much better now :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts