Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're building a brand new house and asked our architect to design an area 8 ft wide and 9 feet high (and two feet deep) for our two spoiled kitties to safely lounge and enjoy the breezes and sights and smells of their big wonderful world outside. They'll access this area via a floor-level pet door that is installed in the wall of our family room. The enclosure is a small space but it has lots of vertical potential. The front wall will be a custom made wrought iron fence with an enclosed gate to allow access by humans. I know it lacks originality, but we're calling it the "Kitty Condo".

If anyone else has done something like this? if so, I'd love to hear about it.

Donna

·
Registered
7 Posts
My grandparents owned a huge house while I was growing up and my grandma had 9 cats! They had an enclosed patio just for the cats to hang out in, they loved it :)

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
It sounds amazing. I'd love to see pics once it's done.
We're in the process of renovating downstairs at my Mum and Step dad's place and we'll be adding a cat door that will lead straight from the bathroom to a bird aviary which will be their 'outdoor' area. It's not a very big aviary but with a few shelves, I'm sure they'll love being out in the fresh air.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts