Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

We adopted our cat Sparky about a month and a half ago and from day one he has had loose stool (kinda like peanut butter). We took him to the vet for his healthy kitten checkup and they said he had worms so we gave him medication. Since then I have taken him to the vet again with a sample and they said the worms are gone, but his stool is still loose. The vet is confident it is his diet because he has no other issues. He was fed Nutrience at the shelter but I have been working to transition him over to Blue Buffalo. After reading some posts here I decided to try giving him some canned pumpkin and it seems to be heling, but I am wondering how long I should/can give it to him and how long I should wait for his stool to normalize with the Blue Buffalo before I attempt another food?

Oh and he just gets the dry.. when I give him wet food (particularly the fish flavours it just gets worse)

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
When my cat gets loose stool from antibiotics I give her a teaspoon of plain yogurt couple of times a day. I have also mixed plain gelatin in their canned food. I have read that adding plain Metamucil to their food will stop diarrhea but be sure to check with the vet before trying any MM . I thought pumpkin was for constipation. good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts