Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well my little Spencer is getting neutered tomorrow :cry: I feel kind of bad about it because he is such a big baby. I have another cat( patches), and that is spencers mom, and she was spayed, but i didn't feel as bad because i didn't want anymore kittens.
Will this make him change in anyway? and will this stop him from humping my leg? :oops: Anyways I was also wondering how much u guys pay to get your kitties neutered, mine is $80.

Nikita

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
wow
i paid £48 for my girls and £36 for my boy.
after i got my boy done he didnt wonder around so much, i would go entire nights without seeing him because he would be wondering for females. Also fixed tom cats are less likely to get into fights, and tend to be more loving because they dont have other things on thier mind ;)

·
Registered
10,243 Posts
I got my Twinkie neutered for like $50 I think but it may of been a tiny bit more b/c they had to dig deeper and cut his ungrown testicle out or something. Basically he had one and one had to be dug up. I dont know if he will stop humping your leg, my little Twinkie still humps the sheepskin rug everyday! :lol:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I know how you feel. We have to get our kitten neutered soon. I feel bad putting him under the knife, although I know the benefits. I think it costs about $80 here in Chicago too.

By the way, I've heard different things on the appropriate age to get this done. Our kitty is about 5 months old. Is it time?

·
Registered
51 Posts
$80 is around normal. I think our vet is $70, but there are low-cost clinics here that are $40.

You will always feel bad! I'm such a worry wart. I call my vet once before surgery, once after surgery, and once during recovery to check on my babies! It's hard, just like vaccinating a newborn.

Depending on how old your guy is, it may change his behavior, but not his personality. If his humping your leg is related to sexuality at all, it should help. But remember that this can be due to other issues, too.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I usually go through the local humane society (I have moved around but each on had discounts) The least I paid for neutering was $20 and the most $30. I have always had a great experiance and my local one now just sells a certificate and you can chose between most vets in the area.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well its done

Well today Spencer got neutered. The vet said that he was a very good boy. When I brought him home he was alright because I took him to the vet early this morning, so that gave him enough time for the drugs to ware off. Anyways he took a pee and it was really yellow and it stunk so bad :) he started to eat some hard food but he wouldn't even touch the soft food ( and that is really odd cuz he eats everything). Anyways I am very happy to see that my little baby is alright.

Nikita

1 - 7 of 7 Posts