Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm taking Clyde(one of my rescues) to the vet Friday Oct. 3rd. . His owners told me that he had a hair loss problem when he got stressed - after I got him. Anyway, I take their word for it. One month later(now) its not back, so I'm taking him to the vet to see if he has a skin disorder or a skin disease or something.

What do you guys think it might be? His hair loss is on his stomach and hindlegs, touching the bottom of his tail.. And right around the gentials(sp?)..

·
Registered
201 Posts
Hmmm, I would say it very well could be stress, who knows what he/she had to go through at it's previous residence. Although, I had a friend who's cat started losing a little fur, then several months later was almost bald and kept going downhill. I don't think they took it to the vet, but if I"ve read correctly, fur loss is also a sign of feline leukemia. I'm not trying to worry you, but you are doing the right thing by getting the cat to the vet, who knows what it could be. :? Have a good day and goodluck, I hope you keep us updated. :)

- Randy

·
Registered
366 Posts
I would say stress. It's a psychological issue. My brother in laws cat is practically bald on her hind legs, bum and tummy. She licks herself obsessively and the Doc said thats what it was.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
UPDATE: kitty is allergic to fleas! You'd really think I'd notice.. I itch like **** when I'm biten, and I haven't been biten any! So we got Advantage flea control for all cats (puppy is on flea control because she goes outside) at a discount price. Now I'll just keep up the flea control 'especially' since their allergic. So they'll have it even though flea season is over with.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts