Cat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone my poor little furbaby has had diarrhea for a day and a half. I was a stupid mommy and switched her wet food to Blue Buffalo wilderness from Wellness (cause she wouldn't touch the stuff) she got all excited and ate too fast and too much. She threw up (in her litter box ) and then the diarrhea started. I called the vet and they said it was normal because I didn't mix her wet food with the old stuff. I didn't do this because she is eating the dry Blue and I figured it would be okay, that her system would be ready for it. I WAS wrong. Anyways Gilly isn't vomiting anymore, and other then the diarrhea she is acting normal, however, I keep reading that she could get really sick because she is so young and I am really worried. I don't know if I should bring her to the vet since when I called they said this was normal, or if I should just wait it out.

She is drinking lots of water, and is still eating her dry food. However, I read online that you are supposed to take their food away for 24 hours and then start feeding them white rice and boiled chicken. This seems kind of cruel. My poor baby is hungry and is only a little kitten I don't want to deny her food. Also from everything I have heard you are not suppose to feed them people food so wouldn't giving her white rice and boiled meat be a bad idea?

Also I also saw that you should also give her some boiled pumpkin?

Please help, I just want my furbaby to be healthy again. I feel so bad that I tried to do the right thing and give her a healthy food and that by doing so I made her sick.

So does anyone have any suggestions as to what I should do.

Also how long should I wait to call the vet again? How long is normal for a kitten to go through this?

Gilly is now 3.5 months old, she is just a baby. Thank you all for your help.

·
Registered
24 Posts
you're not alone my friend. i have two little boys (Dudley and Dexter) who are are 4 months 4 and 5 months old. mine have really soft bowel movements, not straight liquid but it's no where near solid forms. they were also diagnosed sept 30th with having round and tape worms and are awaiting their second dose of deworming meds.

my advice would be to take a stool sample in to your vet to rule out any kinds of worms regardless if she has been dewormed before. it ususally takes a few treatments before the problem resolves. that's what i would do though...sift through some poo and take it in. i hope this helps :) i'm dealing with some stinky poo myself and hope it ends soon after the deworming is over.

·
Banned
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you so much for the advice, I hope your little baby kittens feel better soon.

I have since taken my little kitty into the vet, and they really think it was the food switch, she hasn't had any more problems since, but I did deworm her again just to be safe.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts