Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:oops: This is the best litter I have ever had..Here is the suggestion...USE YOUR PAPER SHREDDER!The junk mail you get..newspapers you throw away..shread em!!.. any waste paper you have..shread it...then use a deep litter box,covered is preferable because of the top that clamps down.generously spread some shreaded paper on the bottom of the box....then fill a 45-50gallon plastic garbage bag half full of shreddings and sit into the litter box spreading the bag edges over the sides of the box. If you use a covered box, put the top on and clamp down the top, helping to hold the sack in place...I have manymany cats and with this system, I have no odor. These need to be changed about every three days..To change these boxes, just remove the top, gather the sides of the bag up, tie a knot in it and throw it all into the garbage in a neatli'll bundle. Also this is NOT as heavy as clay litter and can be handled much easier and cleaner. :D ANNA

·
Registered
121 Posts
plus, no one be tempted to go through your paper shreds looking for stray account numbers! :wink:

Seriously, good suggestion. You didn't have a problem with your cats adapting to the new texture of the paper as opposed to clay litter?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
reply2sillycats question

:lol: you got it about the snoops lookin through my outcast mail! :lol: If they did that they would get a rude awakening for sure!! None of my cats had any problems with the change and as a matter of fact, kinda wait in line for me to get through changing to new shreddings because they like it so much :lol: ..The absorbancy rate is really good..They can scratch all they wanna and still have clean litter(Up to a point..then its changing time)..You can get really cheap garbage bags in bulk at SAM's Club..They're called Workmaster Commercial can liners and are clear plastic and be sure to get the 45-50 gallon size t0o adequately cover your box(or in my case..boXES)..A word of caution here?? I have 2 cats that like this litter so much that they sleep in it when its new so if you miss a cat after doing this?? looky in the litter box!! 8O OH!! and when they scratch in there they're gonna shred the bag but unless you have a really savage catcoverupper, you can still easily pick up the sack closer to the bottom. I guess thats about all..lemme know how you like it AND how well your cats do with it...ANNA...PS This is my own invention .I had no choice in the matter!! Litter is just really expensive to buy and I HAD to think of something! :?:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts