Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I shouldn't say never because I have heard her meow before, but only like twice - once when she was inside a carrier cage, so I assume she was saying let me out! other time was right after she was let out of carrier cage inside vet's office and sounded like she was saying hi to vet or thank you for letting me out of cage!

Anyway, she's about 5 months old now, came from local animal control shelter so she's heard other kittys meowing before. Vet has given her a clean bill of health, all shots etc... when she speaks up it's kinda like she's short winded - which I hope doesn't mean any type of problem in the future! She'll open her mouth and let out a little MA type sound, sometimes like a chirp almost or brief like saying "hey".

Just wondering if anyone elses kitty has such a soft voice, or maybe they grow out of it and get a deeper sound when older? She really is VERY cute sounding :D best is when I'm petting her and stop, she'll let out what sounds like a quick "more" letting me know to keep doing it :wink:

·
Registered
29 Posts
My cats are all big talkers when they need to be. Some gets just don't vocalize much. Just like some dog breeds tend not to bark. She is still young so maybe she will get louder with age.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Lidia, one of my little girls, hardly ever meows either. The only time I've heard her was also at the vet. Chester, one of my other cats, meow none stop. I suppose it just depends on the cat’s personality and temperament. If you've had her checked out and nothings wrong medically, then I wouldn't worry too much. Better to have a quiet cat then one that meows constantly and drives you crazy :? .

·
Banned
410 Posts
Tell me about it.... :lol: Sophie never shuts up! She is so pretty and such a good girl, but sometimes it can be annoying (like at 3:00 a.m. when I am asleep). I have never had a cat before that meows so much. Kitty and Yoda only squeak when they want fed and Kittygirl only makes a noise if you touch her when she is sleeping.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I think that that is an area that cats differ. Trust me, while it is cute that my cat meows, it is defiantley a pain as well! Especially because she enjoys meowing in the middle of the night more than any other time. You could try giving her a friend to talk to (like another cat), but other than that I don't have advice for you.

·
Registered
14 Posts
My cat is 3 years old and she is a pretty quiet cat. She rarely meows, she only makes this chirping sound sometimes. Or makes like an "argh" sound when we pick her up when she doesnt want to be picked up. =P

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Samhain (7 yrs) didn't meow for about two years. We could only get her to "chirp" if we were taunting her with a can of tuna. As she grew up, though, she talked more and more and so we talked to her more and more. Now she replies when you ask her a question, hehe, and meows at the door when she wants to be taken out on her leash. Maybe your kitty will grow into talking when she gets older.

Psi (6 months) on the other hand...he is part siamese so he talks a lot...especially when he wants to get in our bedroom at night. He MEOWS and scratches the door. The amount of time he does it is decreasing rapidly though but if he hears us talking or hears the alarm clock, he's right at the door saying "WHAT ARE YOU GUYS DOING IN THERE?!? I WANT TO SEE!" We are waiting until he is less rambunctious so we can let them in and out whenever they want thru the night.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts