Cat Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What Kitty Olympic Event would your cat(s) dominate?

Together Delta/Decimal would be contenders for aggressive grooming-pairs. Delta could enter for "Vertical Scratching" and Decimal could make the cut for "Light Chasing". What is your cat's event? Pictures anyone?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Oh this is great!

My guy is a track and field star, for sure. We even have time every night we call "Humbert's Olympic Training" because he has a whole routine. We have a long hallway in my apartment that he sprints from end to end, again and again. He also does the long jump from his window perch when we move a toy down the hallway. He could also do a little gymnastics - he does somersaults and rolls when he's chasing his laser.

Right now he's a real contender for "Most Adorable Sleeping Position" though… really exhausting being a world class athlete!

·
Registered
3,993 Posts
Chase, Dare and King Of The Cat Tree. Chase is pretty simple, you and another cat chase each other at breakneck speeds. Dare? Well it involves high, long jumps onto small landing areas. Then you dare the other kitty to replicate your jump. Both Robin and his pal Smokey are contenders in King Of The Cat Tree-but the current QUEEN of the cat tree remains undefeated.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Gizmo would win gold in the 'downstairs slalom' I swear he tries to topple me down the stairs on purpose.:D

·
Registered
111 Posts
my snick would enter in the marathon heat seeking event. she loves laying in the sunny spots and moves with the sun as it moves across the floor. she loves the radiant heat from the wood stove, and stays close to it during the cold winter months. snick also loves snuggling with me under the blankets in bed some nights during the cold weather months.

·
Registered
31 Posts
My Marty can walk sideways on walls and then jump away from it, all this just inches away from my face. I just posted a video of it on the forum asking if anyone elses cat does this lol its awesome i just wish i could capture it in video when he does it in the hallway instead.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So Marty may be a contender for a role in Spiderman after his fame at the Kitty Olympics?
Great Kitty Olympics Sporting Events everyone...keep them coming :)

·
Registered
8,978 Posts
I always tell MowMow that he's an Olympic level face masher and kisser. :D

Book would be an Olympic level bird killer (if he was allowed outside unattended).

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Both kittens are in training to be marathon sleepers, but they are kittens and don't have the endurance for it yet. Delta shows skill at the "basement-door dash" as well. Luckily she has not advanced to the "outside-door dash"-that is considered a more extreme sport.

·
Premium Member
2,538 Posts
Nala would excel at the pommel horse where I am, of course, the apparatus.

Penny would be one of the pretty admirers hanging around outside of Olympic village, flirting for an invite in.

·
Premium Member
8,627 Posts
Snickerdoodles specialty is 'Furniture Bounding' and 'Floor Gymnastics'!!
Mr. Jazz's has got to be the 'Highjump'!

·
Premium Member
7,860 Posts
Coco could be a contender cuddling champion but frankly if Gretchen or Spirit from the shelter decide to enter, Coco might be bested....but she would be hard to beat based on this mornings cuddle session!!

Lacey might take silver the heat vent competition. She now has TWO favorite vents that I have put blankets around.

Missy would win the "0416 crying for water from the faucet" competition unless someone does it earlier.

Sadly Zipper passed recently or she would have easily taken bronze in the "sit outside in 15 degree weather and love it" competition.

·
Registered
3,993 Posts
IS there something like a Kitty Olympics? That sounds like a great idea!... Not TOO serious a competition, but something fun and a LITTLE challenging...

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I think I saw a tv show about a cat show where part of the judging was a little obstacle course where the owner/handler would wave a feather toy at the cat to get it to go through all the obstacles. That was kind of cool. Anybody go to the cat shows that knows more about this?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts