Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help with my problem cat please?

Gussie is 20. In her life she has lived on three continents, fallen 9 stories from an apartment block, nearly died from cat flu, been attacked by a fox, but now spending her retirement in a protected countryside estate with meadows, woodland and a large garden which she has all to herself. Last summer she was catching rabbits, squirrels, mice, rats, voles, squirrels, moles and even a stoat. This year... nothing. She seems absolutely fine, and is still very healthy. I have seen her stalking various small mammals and yesterday she got within 2 feet of a squirrel. And then stayed there for 2 minutes just looking at it. She has lost her nerve when it comes to killing!!!

Problem is my garden is now overrun with rodents and all my beautiful plants and vegetables are getting eaten. I need to get a new cat urgently but how can I do this to old Gussie, she has always regarded other cats as abominations not fit to walk the face of this earth... Yet I nearly brought a new cat home yesterday... I am torn...

This is Gussie a few summers ago..

Edited to remove photo

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Hmmm...personally, I'd find some other way to combat the unwanted guests. Set some mousetraps and let Gussie live out her life in peace without the stress of an unwanted newcomber.

At 20, she is unlikely to suddenly develop an acceptance of other cats.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts