Cat Forum banner

Kitty problem

340 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  dustycowgirl81 
#1 ·
Our cat had 3 kittens. Two we gave away last week and kept the boy. He was trained to use the litter box in the basement. But since we have let him roam all floors he had been using all 3 of our beds on the 2nd floor as his litter box for urine and bowel movements... never had this issue with kittens before. He still uses his litter box in the basement as well. Did we let him roam to early? He's 3 months

#2 ·
Is the only litter box in the basement? I recently got a lil one that was going everywhere on the floor. You at least have him going in the box, so thats a plus. Have you tried putting boxes upstairs in the rooms hes been going? That helped hugely with my problem. She was going in 2 corners and i got the kitten attract litter and put a box in the bathroom and both corners she was using after cleaning up. She finally started using all of them after a few days(2 weeks total). It seems if they're in a new area, they sorta start from scratch when that young. lol. Ever since, shes been a peach and is even using my other cats super tall covered one. Hopefully that may help and good luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.