Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the past two days, I've noticed that our kitten is wet on the left and right sides of his body, but this only happens when I'm gone, which is for about 4 hours each day. He's been hanging out in our bedroom for the most part since he's recovering from a URI. I checked to make sure the toilet seats were down, and the dogs can't get near to him when he's in the room, so I know that they're not cleaning him. So, what on earth can be going on here?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I used to have a cat who adored splashing around in his water bowl. We couldn't figure it out, until we caught him in the act. We just figured he was always thirsty and grooming!

·
Registered
38 Posts
My cat gets really wet too, but I know the cause. He, like nearly all cats, sits by the window alot, and if the window is open, (with screen), and its raining hard he gets soaked.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
How wet?

I know that when Sam and Suzy gets into their big cleaning fase, their coat can be pretty wet, almost as if they got sprayed with water. So I was thinking if it's not soaking wet it might be an obsessive cleaning while you're gone, to keep himself busy.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've heard of cats over doing the cleaning deal when they have surgery.. I'm not sure if it's the smell of the vet, the scars might tingle from the healing, or it may be tender there and it's the only way to "rub the pain away" :?

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
HollyW said:
One of my siamese loves to join me in the bathtub. :wink:
Lucky you! Our kittens really hate water.... but they are curious and need check out what I do in the shower so they walk in after my shower and get their paws wet. It looks hillarious when they shake their legs and try to put it down on a dry spot and realize it's not dry there either. *giggles*

Hey, you live not far from Toronto! We drive by your place (well your city) when we come over to Canada to visit the inlaws in Port Colborne by Lake Erie. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts