Cat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I take out the vaccum, I make it obvious that I will be vaccuming, I even tell Kitty, so that she has a chance to exit the room. She usually leaves right away. Sometimes she waits until I am on her side of the room to make a break for it.

Thomas hasn't learned yet (he will sit right next to it and won't leave). When I turm it on, he flees.

Anyway, yesterday when I vaccumed Kitty was sleeping in my new cat tree. Well, she must feel pretty secure in there because she stayed the whole time I vaccumed, even when I was running it around the base of the tree. She was so brave!

I felt so excited, I called my sister to tell her. She said, "That's nice."...So I thought I would share it here instead!

·
Registered
3,333 Posts
Addison has only done that once. He was sleeping in his bed, and I guess he was just so comfortable he didn't want to leave. He watched me the whole time, but didn't run away. But of course it didn't last and whenever I come around with the monster he hides in the back of the closet.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Teirney Hisses at it the moment it comes out of the closet, and then goes and sleeps in tha bathroom sink.

Teagan took a nap on it the other day!
Tierney looked at her like she was out of her mind. There she is just sleeping on the top.. of course the camera wasn't in reach!

I am proud of your little one! Tierney would never be in the same room.

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Funny you bring up the vacuum. Franny runs away from it and sits up someplace high until I'm finished. Addison on the other hands, chases it around the house and it's hard to get the job done because I'm so scared she's going to get run over. She tries to run around the coffee table from the other side like she's going to sneak up on it.
Anyway, about a week or two ago I rolled up the cord and must have been distracted by something so I hadn't put it away yet. I turned back and found Addison perched on the vacuum as if she just won a price. I think she felt like she finally "caught" the evil macchine.
Here she is claiming her prize.

And yes, I know it needs to be emptied. YUCK!

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Thanks! 10 1/2 weeks old and we can already tell she's going to be the boss around here. Which is unfortunate for Franny who used to smack around our 100lb Rottweiler on a daily basis.

G

·
0 Posts
What a cute kitty. My critters hate the vacuum too. My rottie freaks out if he's even in the same room as the vacuum.

·
Registered
3,333 Posts
oh don't get me started on my dog! If you so much as go near the closet the vacuum is in, she'll run upstairs and hide! She's so funny :)

·
Registered
107 Posts
Bagheera hisses at it and smacks it...only when it gets turned on and he's accidentally too close to it! Usually he runs as soon as he sees it.

Smuj will sometimes let you vaccum him with the little round brush attachement.....of course it's only when he's in the mood. :roll:

·
Registered
821 Posts
Maleke takes off as soon as he sees me take it out. But Magic, ever curious, stays......though quite a distance away. Then after I turn it off, Magic stalks it....and then stands there and swats it over and over again with his paw. You can tell he's nervous, and ready to jump back if it should move....haha.......he's just so curious! :lol:

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Every time I vacuum, Jack can be found afterwards underneath my entire pile of decorative pillows. All you'll see is his head, with 2 dialated eyes and his ears out to the side. He looks so scared and cute -- he always needs extra loving afterwards of course.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts