Cat Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What kind of cat treats do you give to your kitty?
I've bought 3 different kinds and he will eat them with coaching but doesn't go nuts over them. It gets kinda expensive buying different treats that he could care less if he has them or not.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
Have you tried the PureBites freeze dried cat treats? There are no additives
and my cats love them. Also, bonita flakes are a hit with my fur family.

·
Banned
602 Posts
I dont give Mia treats nor have I ever given any of my cats treats. I just dont see the need for them. I think they are to over-hyped, just a marketing gimmick. JMO

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I dont give Mia treats nor have I ever given any of my cats treats. I just dont see the need for them. I think they are to over-hyped, just a marketing gimmick. JMO
I'm trying to get him to let me clip his claws. I figure once every couple of weeks

·
Registered
412 Posts
My two go a little bit insane over My Might Lion treats. They're also very fond of the Pet Greans Treats (they only get the semi-moist Roasted Chicken flavour).

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
My girls also love the Pure Bites treats, especially the whitefish but also the chicken flavor. They don't care for the liver flavor. I like Pure Bites since they're healthy.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Neither of my cats will eat commercial treats. I have tried many kinds.
Colonel will only eat his cat food with one exception ham. If you have ham on your plate you had better guard it with your life.
Onyx will eat raw meats. I often times buy her chicken gizzards or liver. What ever meat I am cooking up for dinner, I cut a few hunks of it before I cook it for a treat. I have been known to buy her a package of chicken wing as treats. Just the other day, I was making a toasted cheese sandwhich with many veriaties. She loved Colby and American cheese. The Provolone and Mozzerella she ate. Parmesan, she took one sniff and walked away. Don't blame her on that one.LOL

·
Registered
8,961 Posts
I have bought the evo grain free ones but I think even the salmon ones have some chicken in them so I don't feed them very often. They went over pretty well. I stop at the local mom and pop store and buy sample sizes of different grain free foods and use them as special treats.

My guys don't get kibble so when they get a bit of crunchy food they act like it's manna from heaven. I use it after I clip nails or do anything they might deem truly unpleasant (or if I want someone to come to me immediately I shake the bag).

I DO give a strip of duck breast jerky to each cat at night. I figure now that he's 7 MowMOw could use the glucosamine and chondroiton for his little joints and of course what MowMOw gets the kitten has to have so.. :p

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Zenobi used to nag for Whiskas Temptations several times a day, and she knew where they were kept. Missy will eat three or four once a day, 'just to please me'. (grin)

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I feed grainless food BUT my girls are wild for Party Mix, the cat junkfood treat. I only let them have treats about once a week, after claw trimming or when they are hustling for dinner at 4 pm

·
Registered
255 Posts
I give Autumn Temptations, she seems to like all the flavors. I've tried other treats but she seems to like these the most.

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
I DO give a strip of duck breast jerky to each cat at night. I figure now that he's 7 MowMOw could use the glucosamine and chondroiton for his little joints...
That's a great idea! Midnight turned 7 back in September and Star and Lucky will be 7 next June. Where would I find duck breast jerky? Momo still has a few years to go before she reaches 7, but if it comes in a bag, she'll want some, too. Silly little girl. :smile:

·
Registered
328 Posts
Lily loves any freeze dried meat treats, especially salmon, in any brand. Halo Liv A Littles, Pure Bites, etc.

Spencer hates treats. When we cut his nails (which they both HATE), etc, we give him a few pieces of dry food. He loves that.

Sometimes we give them both a few squirts of cat milk. (CatSip) That's a liquid treat, but they both love it.

·
Banned
1,204 Posts
I feed grainless food BUT my girls are wild for Party Mix, the cat junkfood treat. I only let them have treats about once a week, after claw trimming or when they are hustling for dinner at 4 pm
Chiquita loves Party mix too, Samantha did as well.
She likes it when I share my cooked chicken breast with her so I bought some expensive chicken breast treats that look like chicken jerky and of course she snubs them.

·
Banned
154 Posts
Mimi only gets treats after teeth brushing every night (or should I say, after we practice and train her for teeth brushing)... although she hasn't had any in a week and it'll be another week before she can have them since she just had 6 teeth pulled.

She loves the Pure Bites Chicken. I know they make a beef too and I'm hunting that down. She hates the shrimp. Another treat that the dentist gave me is Tartar Shield treats ... she loves those as well and supposedly (provided they chew them) they work well to keep plaque at bay.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I just picked up some Honest Kitchen Wishes treats for Yoshi.

It's just dehydrated Icelandic Haddock. Nothing else added.
Yoshi goes BONKERS for these things. The first time I put a piece out for him, he wasn't sure what to do with it.....I think because they are hard. But the second time he went nuts and has each time since. I've been giving him some once a day (when he's been good of course).

Just went up to the place I get his food/treats from, to get his Christmas presents, and the owner gave me some samples of Stella & Chewy's Carnivore Kisses as well. Haven't tried those yet, but it's the same idea, just smaller pieces.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I feed Ritz treats on rare occasions; she has to watch her waist. I give her 100% freeze dried chicken after clipping her nails or to get her to associate a good thing (treats) with a scary thing (new cat I'm bringing home for a few hours a day).
I am co-fostering several cats rescued/removed from the feral cat colony I take care of. Bonita flakes made all the difference for Buckley; the other cats liked Greenies, Buckley didn't, so he felt left out when we were using food as a motivator to get close to them. So I bought some fish flakes, and we made great strides with him. He is now ready to be adopted into a Forever Home. (PS: you can buy bonita flakes in international grocery stores for 1/3 the cost of the kind you buy in pet stores.)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts