Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I wanted to post about my kitty Pinot Noir...I found out today he has lymphoma and we are putting him down tomorrow. It’s been almost 2 years now dealing with diabetes and pancreatitis and I guess I knew it would end this way but it’s still so hard. Thanks for having this forum I know I’m not the 1st one to go thru this but it’s so hard...I love him so much. Thanks for reading and say a prayer for my kitty boy if that is your way...

·
Registered
191 Posts
You have all of our sympathies here. I joined this site when my boy Dizzy took ill, he passed last August and people here helped me enormously. He was close to 14 and we had been dealing with Hyperthyroidism and then liver disease for about a year. You are making the ultimate sacrifice by sparing your dear little one any more suffering and deterioration of quality of life. I know how you feel. It hurts to let go of a dear friend. That just sucks. Cry as much as you have to and work though your sadness. When I lost my friend I never felt so alone. But you're NOT alone.

Pinot Noir is such a pretty name! My Dizzy will enjoy being his pal.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks it's been such a hard day for us so far...I was just out driving around and when I came back in his smiling fur face wasn't there to greet me. He was a Russian Blue we got from the shelter 12 years ago and just the sweetest thing. It was a miserable couple of days for him and by extension us so although it was very hard we felt it was the right thing. We said our goodbyes, the vet sedated him and then it was over, very peaceful.

I hope they meet up Dizzy sounds fun and Pinot was always a bit reserved. I'm not normally one to reach out but I know this forum will help me feel better eventually.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Ah, you've done the hardest kind of job. And the kindest thing. Watching a loved one suffer is terrible.

Sympathy to you, with your empty home. I know that situation well. :(

People who tell you to "cheer up, it's only a cat" have missed the great experience of devotion, and we can only feel sorry for them.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I'm sorry for your loss. Cats are family and it hurts very much when we lose family. Pinot must felt loved and safe up until the end, which is the best we can do for our cats. Its amazing that a little 8-10 lb ball of fur can make us feel so loved, happy and warm, and all they ask in return is love and safety. I wish you the best.

·
Premium Member
7,098 Posts
I am so sorry PinotNoir. I haven't had to make that decision yet (though it will be coming some time soon), but I have lost two kitties, and it is devastating. Everyone here who's lost a kitty understands how deeply we grieve for them, which is so comforting when we're surrounded by people who think we should be "over it" after a few days.

If it helps, and when you feel up to it, you might want to post in the Rainbow Bridge section of the forum. We would love to see pics and hear a bit more about your boy.

Since you knew he was miserable, you made the right choice in letting him go and not making him suffer. Poor little guy. He's in good company where he is, along with Dizzy, and my Margaux and Olivia.

Hugs and much sympathy.

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
So sorry for your loss....it was an act of love that you didn't allow Pinot Noir to have any more "miserable" days. One of my first cats was a Russian Blue and as you say of yours he was very sweet but reserved like Pino Noir. They are wonderful cats. I truly believe that we will see our beloved pets again in the spiritual world. This gives me consolation and hope, and pray that it will give you comfort too.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
You did what was best for your loved fur friend. The pain lessons but the memories are always there. You take the pain so they don't have to. Pinot Noir is at peace and maybe making some new friends in kitty heaven.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts