Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi my darling kitty jax wont sit on me anymore. These past couple of weeks he hasnt come up to sit on my lap once. Also when I pick him up **** just howl and run off. When he was younger he loved to sit on my lap but now he doesnt. Just wondering if maybe any1 else has experienced this themselves.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
How old is he? Is he neutered? Appetite okay? Any other changes, such as a difference in drinking, urinating, or bowel habits?

I would be concerned about the howling; there may be some kind of pain involved.

Let's get some more info and then see where that takes us.

Cheers,
Dr. Jean

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry howling is the wrong word he just meows and runs off if picked up. He is 6 months old but he was recently ill and hasnt got his appetite fully back but I took him for his injections today and the vet checked him out all ok.

·
Registered
44 Posts
He's prob. just getting over being sick and then the injections. Glad he's checked out oK. He's still only a kitten so give him time. Maybe he feels a bit unwell still and maybe because he's "off colour" he's taking a break from lap sitting. My girl was recently sick and took a bit of a break from lap sitting, but now I can't keep her off me :)

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Is he neutered? When those teenage hormones kick in (right about this age) he will be more interested in "girls" than in being cuddly to you. Be sure you don't let him get outside at all! As soon as he's healthy enough, get that appointment for him to be neutered!

Cheers,
Dr. Jean

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hey I'm way past teenage years (cat or human) and I'm sitll more interested in girls. Luckily I like cuddling too. Of course, cuddling girls is the ultimate mix! :D

(sorry, couldn't resist!)

·
Registered
10,235 Posts
RichardMEL said:
Hey I'm way past teenage years (cat or human) and I'm sitll more interested in girls. Luckily I like cuddling too. Of course, cuddling girls is the ultimate mix! :D

(sorry, couldn't resist!)
Hehe :lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts