Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello if anyone can help. my cats name is mila. She is about 15. yesturday she was taken to vet for i assumed to be anal gland issues. it turned out she was horribly constapated and they gave her anema to see if it would loosen up on its own but then they had to give her anesthesia to clean her out. She has been struggling with this for some time now and now that she is home as of yesturday night i cant help the fact that she is still not herself and not eating or drinking. I know its usually 24 hours after the anisthetia affects wear off i just hope this is why she is nit eating or drinking. I find that when she uses the box and she goes directly to her bed she drags her booty in her bed before she gets comf to go sleep. I clean her now with a wet warm towel after she uses her box bc of the diarhea due to the laxative they gave her to make her go. When i do this she twitches. please..is it normal for her to not wany to eat or drink yet and what can i donfor her booty

·
Registered
Mimi, Nathaniel
15 Posts
I noticed you never received a reply since you posted this question 4 days ago. How is she doing now? Is she better? Does she still have diarrhea? Is she eating and drinking?
A warm wet towel is good to help her keep her booty clean. I used baby wipes with my girl when she had constipation. I think cold wipes can help with the inflammation of the cat's anus. My cat even put her tail up and let me press the wipe on a little - I could tell that the coldness helped her pain. Make sure to always wipe upwards, towards the tail so no bacteria would get into her vagina.
The vet can give you topical ointment to help with the pain and healing of her booty. They can prescribe an ointment that tastes bad so the cat wouldn't lick it off.
I hope Mila is better. Let us know how things are going with her!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts