Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In responding to the thread “The first thing you ever saw of your cat”, I noted the first thing I saw of my girls was their picture. That made me think how I’d love to see some “kitty first pictures”. So, how about posting the first picture you saw or took of your little ones. Below are the first pictures I saw of my girls.

Muffin…this picture was sent to me by the breeder:

Abby…this picture was posted on kijiji.

Love to see your first pictures!

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Really cute girls!

I don't have any cute kitten pictures because I didn't get them until they were older.

Here is the first picture of Teddy and me. This was about 3 years ago. Oh goodness, I'm glad I've lost weight since then.

Here is the first picture I got of Leo.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Ours were adults too but I have the first pictures we took of them!!

Sinatra hiding his face from me:

Nutmeg being a doll:

This is Sinatra's second picture, since he was hiding his face in his first one:

Sorry about the quality, they were all from a cell phone.

Muffin looks so different!!

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I expect many of the kitty first pictures will be of the cats when they're older. But I find looking back at their first picture and remembering all the things that have passed since then brings back nice memories.

Rae: They're handsome fellows! Teddy looks like he wants to attack something on the floor, while Leo's ready to pounce on something on the wall. BTW, if you've lost weight since that picture, you must be really skinny now!

Becky: Nutmeg looks so adorable in that picture. Sinatra was camera shy, but he got over his shyness in the second picture...he has such pretty eyes. My girls also love to play with empty toilet rolls. You're right, Muffs looks different now. She has darkened a lot in color since she was a baby, but she still has the same sweet, gentle disposition.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Aww Susan~! They were so cute!!

Here's a picture when Francis and Vinnie first came home.

Francis. He still had a little bit of a kitten face.

And this is cute little Vinnie!

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Rae: They're handsome fellows! Teddy looks like he wants to attack something on the floor, while Leo's ready to pounce on something on the wall. BTW, if you've lost weight since that picture, you must be really skinny now!
The Boys thank you! Nah, I had been trying to take a picture of him for a half hour and he was like "Put me down and stop flashing that thing in my face" This was actually one of the next pictures we got of him. I swear he is saying "Get that friggin camera out of my face!"

Thanks, I'm down about 30lbs from that picture and I'm still just this side of 200lbs, I still have another 25-30lbs I could stand to lose. Of course, it doesn't hurt that I'm 6'1".

·
Registered
328 Posts
Susan - OH MY GOODNESS!!!! I can see why you chose them. So much cute fluffiness, I can't even handle it...

We've only had our kittens for 2.5 months, so although they're bigger and a couple pounds heavier, they don't look too much different in our "first" pictures. ;)

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I swear he is saying "Get that friggin camera out of my face!"
LOL! I see what you mean...if looks could kill, you'd be in trouble.

konstargirl: Frances and Vinnie are sweet. If Vinnie is anything like Abby, she would have been inside that box a few seconds after the picture was taken.

yellowdaisies: Thanks...it was definitely love at first sight, but even more so when I saw them in person (in cat?)! :)

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
^You spell "Francis" wrong. lol It's okay.

Oh Vinnie is more submissive than Francis. He might get along with her or any cat that is a bit submissive or not as a frisky cat, but he like Francis too. Basically he likes any cat.

@Becky: Cuteness!! I like it when Nutmeg was sleeping.
@Mow Mow: he still looks the same.
@Rae: Teddy looks like a little kitten

·
Super Moderator
26,492 Posts
This was the Craigslist picture for Cleo, but when I met her, she had been shaved.

This is what she looked like the first day I brought her home:

This was Charlee's Petfinder picture:

and this was Cali's

·
Premium Member
2,246 Posts
Susan, your girls were gorgeous! Completely irresistible!

Scottie was about two weeks old when he was found in the lumber yard where I worked, apparently abandoned by his mother.

This picture was of Juno when she was still at Carolines Kids.

The day I brought Orlando home from Carolines Kids he stomped all over the house like a drill Sargent inspecting the place. This picture is when he finally settled down to rest.

This is the first time my son brought Wiki to visit after he found her, she was so sick and we were trying to find what would work to make her well.

Tweezer was so sick when he first came home. We were so blessed to have him every day of his life.

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Marie: Cleo looked beautiful before and after her shave...and I just squealed when I saw the pictures of Cali and Charlee. No wonder you fell in love with all three of them.

Sue: OMG, Scottie was sooo tiny (I thought Abby was small when I first adopted her)...and Wiki is adorable. Juno is giving you eye kisses, while Orlando looks like he's getting ready to bring order to the household! And even though he was sick in that picture, Tweezer was stunning.

·
Registered
156 Posts
The Boys thank you! Nah, I had been trying to take a picture of him for a half hour and he was like "Put me down and stop flashing that thing in my face" This was actually one of the next pictures we got of him. I swear he is saying "Get that friggin camera out of my face!"

Thanks, I'm down about 30lbs from that picture and I'm still just this side of 200lbs, I still have another 25-30lbs I could stand to lose. Of course, it doesn't hurt that I'm 6'1".
Check your bed tonight...VERY CAREFULLY. :p

·
Registered
426 Posts
So many beautiful felines on this fine forum!

Rowdy's first pic the day I brought him home...

it's still hard for me to believe he went from this small feisty little kitty to the huge, 16lb, almost 1 year old he is now...

Malley's first pic the day we brought her home...

she is finally starting to grow into those ears :). She is about 9 pounds now and so much fun! Plus she is the most loving affectionate cat I have ever met.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
This is the first photo I saw of Athena, on Petfinder:

This is the first photo I took of Apollo:

And since you can't actually see his face in that one, here's the second:

1 - 20 of 98 Posts