Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i have a 6 yr old kitty. With constipation problems. Vet has her on Miralax,,and cisapride..anyone have a cat with similar problems?

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
Is she eating dry food or canned food? With dry food, most cats do not get enough water. With canned food, I would add a teaspoon of water and mix it with the food to make it softer--not quite soupy. This should improve her constipation.

Here's a link to an excellent article on cat nutrition: Feeding Your Cat: Know the Basics of Feline Nutrition

·
Premium Member
7,098 Posts
Oh yes...my Celia's has had issues for years and is also on Miralax and cisapride daily. She's been on the Miralax for at least 4 years, the cisapride for maybe 3, and I've also been putting Homeopet's Feline Digestive Upsets drops in her water every day for several years. Overall, they have worked very well, although on occasion, she has still needed an enema. In fact, she just needed one this past Friday (not fun for either of us),

A little bit of plain canned pumpkin works really well for some kitties - mine won't eat it, but it's worth a try!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts