Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mom bought me a knitting & crocheting set for Christmas and the instructions confuse me. I was wondering if any of you uys here know hot to knit or crochet. If so please tell me how to do it. Thanks. Catlover_2004.

·
Premium Member
28,623 Posts
I have never enjoyed knitting, but I do like crocheting. The instructions will help you, I'm sure, but if you know someone who crochets, it's much easier to be shown. Crocheting is just a series of knots. You start by making a chain of knots: Make one loop, put the needle in the loop, and pull the yarn through that loop. Continue, until you have the number in that chain that the directions tell you to make.

Then, turn the work, and do the first row, working right to left. Start to crochet by putting your needle down through the first chain and pull the thread through. You will now have two loops. Pull the yarn through those two loops, and you have made a single crochet (sc). All of crocheting is built on that stitch. Start with something simple. You will soon find that the other stiches are well explained, if you have a beginner book. Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts