Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WooooHooooooooo!!!! :p
Kota's bladder stone is almost completely gone! When I took her to the vet in April her stone was marble sized and now it looks like half of a pea!!! I have been feeding her the Hills s/d canned that she was prescribed and she just needs to be on it a little bit more until it dissolves totally. I am so glad that it worked and we didn't have to do surgery.

He said that she will probably have to be on Hills c/d after the stone is gone to prevent future stones. Anyone have their cat on the same food or has anyone had the same situation?

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
I've never had a cat with that type of problem, but it is excellent that it's almost gone! I'd also suggest keeping on the same meds to prevent more from appearing, this is usually very important. Unless you can find a better cat food that does the same thing of course ;)

·
Registered
821 Posts
My mom's Siamese cat was on Hill's CD because he also had a bladder stone. The food works, but she was told that she could switch the cat onto other foods that aren't prescribed by the vet and the cat will still be fine. So maybe 7 years ago she switched him onto Nutro Natural, and he has NEVER had another stone. He's been perfectly healthy. So I'm not sure CD is totally required, our vet recommended it obviously too, but our cat has been fine on Nutro. I have heard that a food that is slightly higher in salt helps because it will make the cat want to drink more, and flush out the bladder regularly. That's just my experience though! I'm really paranoid and with my own cats I would probably feed them CD anyways even though it badly over priced here!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts