Cat Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Or it HAS to off started. :D :D :D

The Cat has been searching every last nook and cranny of the house since this morning. She's finally settled on underneath our couch which was the first place she hid out when we were resocializing her. She hasn't been under there in maybe 2 weeks now so it's pretty uncharacteristic of her to lay any place else but the floor.

She's also purring like crazy and meowing this little soft meow, which she's never done before. I've heard her meow twice since we got her, now she's meowing every half hour or so like crazy. :shock:

Her rectum is also wet from something. Roomate was the one who looked. :roll:

Looks like things are happening. She's nestled in and getting ready to pop I think. 8)

What do I do now? What am I looking for? I have some web pages with good information but want some first hand tips. Do I need to boil water and get towels? :)

·
Registered
6,801 Posts
GIve your vet a phone, saying your cats gone into labour, but she is doing fine- so they can be prepaired for you having to rush in with her should anything go wrong.

Keep checking on her, when vienna had her litter of 6 :shock: i had not one problem, you couldnt even see where she had the babies.

Mum should clean the sack off them, and they may even starting trying to suckle right away. She may not eat all the placentas, but thats nothing to worry about! Cats are usually always really good mums, and there isnt usually any problems during birth. Vienna was 30 mins plus between kittens. If she starts to look like she is straining real bad get her to the vets, and take any kittens she has alrdy had with you!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Good luck!! Let us know about the babies!!!! :)

·
Registered
552 Posts
Hi nof!

Well, you can get the water boiling and the towels ready and if you need me, I will be right over here, pacing the floor and wringing my hands. :wink:

I am praying for the impending birth. Keep us updated as you are able.

Peace,
Mike

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
20 hours later...

We got one kitty who must of JUST been born 15 minutes ago. The kitty is a light tan color with orangeish markings. We have a good idea about who the father is now. There's a orange tabby that hangs around outside.

Waiting for the next one... How long should it take?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
#3 is now here!

Another black one with orange stripes. Keep em coming Esta!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Jeeze! We thought she was done, but another black kitty popped out!

total is 4 now.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts