Cat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I finally cleaned out all 1700 pictures off my camera and onto my external hard drive, which means I can finally start taking pictures with a real camera rather than just my phone.

Lacey is super tough to take pictures of, because she's always moving around or asleep or squinty. Well, I finally snapped a few decent ones of her.

I rescued Lacey from euthanasia (that would've happened that afternoon) on January 14th of this year. She was riddled with URI, severely underweight, and had been off her food for 2 days. I didn't care which cat I took, and there were 5 pointed out to me who's time had run out. Knowing it didn't matter who I picked, I chose Lacey who was sitting quietly in the back, eyes all gooped up, emaciated. I didn't pet her, hold her, or anything, just chose her (which was an agonizing decision). I took her in, force fed her, gave her steam treatments, and before long, she was well on the mend.

Boy did I get lucky. While we are still working through some health issues, overall she is a very happy, wonderful kitty, and a best friend to my ET.

The shelter I fostered her from regularly posts ads on Craigslist looking for rescuers. While I didn't see it when I picked her out, I looked back on some ads after I got her and found she had been posted 2 days prior. Here was her photo:

And miss Lacey, taken this morning (April 11)... (don't mind my stomach in the pic, haha she was laying on my lap)

And another...

Thanks for reading :)

-BP

·
Registered
6,958 Posts
Stories like this just make me want to cry (in a good way). Look at how healthy she looks now compared to when you got her ... it's just amazing, in such a short time. She's beautiful!

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
October said:
Stories like this just make me want to cry (in a good way). Look at how healthy she looks now compared to when you got her ... it's just amazing, in such a short time. She's beautiful!
I'm a little teary-eyed myself :p She's absolutely stunning!

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow, thanks for all the wonderful comments. I am so happy with how wonderful she is turning out. It's funny, her face finally is filling out and she's looking like a "real" house cat. I see her every day so its tough to gauge her progress, so even I was shocked when I did some before-and-after comparisons.

It really amazes me that such a beautiful, wonderful, sweet creature would not be here today if it weren't for rescue. Give your rescued kitties a hug, everybody :luv

-BP

·
Super Moderator
26,353 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts